- Great news! We now have enough money to buy the vehicle so needed for Dr Chuga to allow him to continue his vital work in the area. This includes collecting herbal plants in difficult terrain and acting as an ambulance either getting Dr. Chuga to a patient and/or bringing the patient to the clinic for treatment.
- We hav
e reached our goal of £10,000 raised for the Ambulance Car.
- Thank you so much for your kindness, it’s greatly appreciated.
- On behalf of Dr. Chuga and the people of Rigul, Ringu Tulku Rinpoche, The Founder and The Trustees.
- This is such great news but much still needs to be done for the clinic where there is still a great need. See below for some of the day to day running costs.
There is a small chance that more money than is needed may be raised for any project. If this happens and with your agreement , which we will assume has been given unless we hear otherwise, your gift will be used wherever the need is greatest.
- The Health clinic running costs are approx. £4000 a year, £77 a week or £11 a day.
- Salary for Dr Chuga who is in charge of the clinic is £2,100 a year, £40 a week or £ 5.75 a day. Nurse Ani Choden receives £1,000 a year about £19 a week.
- Consultations are free, medicines are paid for in summer when there is work. The winters are severe. Funds pay for the essential clinic staff of Dr Chuga, his assistant Karma Tsisha and Ani Choden the nurse who work all the year round in challenging circumstances.
- When enough money has been raised for each member of staff for that year, the remainder will go towards the day to day running costs of the clinic, including free transport for the needy, and any repairs and improvements to the buildings and equipment.
- In addition when funds allow, a new patient room with appropriate facilities needs to be built. This will enable those who travel long distances for treatment to stay overnight which is particularly important as the winters are often extremely cold.